An easy-to-make comforting side dish, this smoked sausage smothered cabbage is the perfect addition to any plate!
Yes, please. I’ll take any dish you want to give to me if there’s some sort of gravy served with it. This smoked sausage smothered cabbage is cooked with just enough chicken broth to soak up all the flavor from sautéed smoked sausage, onion, and all seasonings that go into it. The best part is the recipe doesn’t call for too many ingredients and it cooks up in no time.
You can serve this as a side dish or maybe even a meal for two, since it has the meat in it already, but hey—go all out. Serve it with meatloaf, pork chops, steaks, ribs….the list goes on and on!
I’m pretty sure cabbage is my favorite vegetable. Click here to see my other cabbage recipes!
What You Need To Make Smoked Sausage Smothered Cabbage:
◑ Smoked Sausage
◑ Yellow Onion
◑ Chicken Broth
◑ Accent Seasoning *can use all salt if you want*
◑ Black Pepper
◑ Cayenne Pepper
◑ Garlic Powder
◑ Red Wine Vinegar
How To Make Smoked Sausage Smothered Cabbage:
Step one—Melt butter in large cooking pot, add smoked sausage and onion and sauté for five minutes.
Step two—Add cabbage, chicken broth, salt, accent, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder to pot, cover and cook on medium high heat for 15 minutes.
Step three—Remove cover, stir, cook uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
Step four—Stir in vinegar and sugar; serve.
Smoked Sausage Smothered Cabbage
- 1 head cabbage chopped
- 12 oz smoked sausage sliced
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 ` cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Accent seasoning *can sub for another 1/2 tsp of salt*
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Melt butter in large cooking pot, add smoked sausage and onion and sauté for five minutes.
- Add cabbage, chicken broth, salt, accent, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder to pot, cover and cook on medium high heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover, stir, cook uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and sugar; serve.